LED display rental can be the perfect way to enhance the attendee experience at your event or gathering. If you are considering renting an LED display, this article will cover everything you need to know to make an informed rental investment; including the tech basics, the applications, the pricing, and how to maximize your return on investment.
Already an LED display expert and looking to learn more about booking a rental for your next event? Check out our LED display rental products or contact us for a quote.
What is an LED Display?
An LED display is a flat panel display that uses light emitting diodes (LED) as the light source. This is in contrast to LCD which typically uses cold cathode fluorescent lamps (this is a simplification, if you’re really itching for an in-depth look at LED vs LCD, check out this article) The most important takeaway from LED display is that it is the most efficient, brightest shining, and fastest growing display technology!
What is an LED Display Wall?
An LED display wall is a collection of multiple LED display panels, linked together to form 1 large, seamless image. When you see the large jumbotrons and video screens much larger than an 80″ home screen TV, then it is an LED display wall. Display walls are used to create massive displays and require special hardware and software to link the panels together. Their customization opportunities make them great for creating any size or shape!
*Image of individual LED display panels before they are linked together to form an LED video wall
Types of LED Display Walls
Not all LED display walls are created equal. They come in varying resolutions, display brightness, durability ratings, and structures. If you want to learn about the nitty gritty of different LED product tech specs, check out our LED Academy. One big differentiation for LED display walls is their structure. They can be broken down into 2 main structure types:
Modular LED display walls are LED screens that are transported onsite as individual tiles in flight cases, constructed temporarily onsite using aluminum trussing, then torn down after the activation. Benefits of modular LED walls include a clean look, and customization options.
*image of an outdoor modular LED display wall
Mobile LED walls are LED display walls that are permanently constructed onto a mobile vehicle, such as on a truck or trailer. Mobile LED rental poses a number of benefits, including a cheaper rental rate, faster setup, adjustable screen height, and location flexibility. Learn more on our post: 5 Benefits of a Mobile LED System.
*Image of a mobile led display rental truck
LED Display Rental – Is It Right for You?
LED display is a great way to entertain, engage, inform your audience, and generate revenue with sponsor advertisements. Types of events that benefit from renting LED video walls include concerts, festivals, sporting events, movies at the park, fundraisers, political and activism events, tailgates, watch parties, and more. Typical clients are experiential marketing companies, event planners, show coordinators, production companies, and cities/municipalities. If you are considering renting an LED wall, there are several questions you want to ask yourself.
- Crowd Size – Due to the large nature of LED video walls, they are typically for large gatherings of 100 or more people. If you have a more intimate setting, a standard TV may be a more cost-effective route.
- Display Size – Video walls typically are not any smaller than 12 feet by 7 feet. So if you are looking for something smaller, a TV may make more sense.
- Budget – Renting an LED video screen can range from $3,000 a day to $50,000+. Based on your budget, you may want to consider all options. To learn more about pricing, check out our article- LED Video Wall Rental Pricing Revealed
- Indoor or Outdoor – LED displays are a perfect solution for outdoor events due to their ability to shine extremely bright and be visible under direct sunlight. Outdoor LED screens are also rated to withstand heavy rain, wind, and dust. For an indoor event, depending on the application, you may be able to get away with renting a projection screen. Indoor LED does exist however, and is very popular for trade shows, sporting events, etc.
Bottom Line: If you are hosting an event with a large crowd that requires a large display or outdoor viewing, and you have a budget of $3,000 or more, renting an LED display may be the perfect option for you to up the ante at your next event!
How to Select the Right LED Display Rental Company
Now that you have decided to rent an LED display, you want to make sure you choose the right company. There are plenty of LED display rental companies out there, but choosing the right one can be the difference between a lackluster display and an event-enhancing one. Here are several tips and things to consider when searching for an LED display rental company:
Research Companies Online
Talk to several companies. Get quotes from multiple companies and compare rates. Check out their online reviews. Look at their website and social media pages to see what types of work they do and what their following is. If their work looks good and they receive high ratings online, then there is a good chance they will do a good job for you as well.
Try to Find a Local Company
Try to find LED rental companies that have an office near you. Try Googling “LED display rental companies near me” and look for a company with an office listed on Google my Business. By booking local, you can save on travel costs and meet with your rental company in advance to chat and demo their products.
Know the Tech Basics
There are 3 main tech terms that determine the quality of the LED rental product that you are getting. They determine the clarity, brightness, and durability.
- Display Clarity – “Pixel Pitch” Simply put, the lower the number, the higher the resolution. Lower pitches equate to a higher quality product. Usually 10mm pitch or lower is good.
- Display Brightness – “Nits”: This determines the brightness of the LED. The higher the number the brighter. For outdoor screens, you want at least 5,000 Nits
- Display Panel Durability – “IP Rating”: IP ratings are written in 2 numbers. The first number determines protection from solids, the second determines protection from liquids. For an outdoor LED display panel, you want at least IP65
A good LED rental company will explain all of this to you, but if you know the basics you can make a more educated decision on the right LED rental company and the right product.
Insane Impact – Your LED Display Rental Company
All things above considered, we believe that we at Insane Impact are your best LED display rental solution from coast to coast. We have offices and partners from coast to coast allowing us to offer the best rental price, we have hundreds of satisfied clients with online reviews as a testament, high quality products with low pixel pitches, high nits and IP ratings, and an extensive portfolio. So if you’re interested in renting an LED display, send us a note. We would love to bring your vision to life with first class service and premium LED display rental products.